Saturday, November 19, 2016

You+me=we; An Introduction


Sup everybody? My name is Austin Avery and before I begin allow me to introduce myself and give a little spicy backstory as to who I am, and the reason for this blog before we get started. So here is the story; I’m a local kid from up here in Northern California, born and raised, who loves a lot of things but the biggest is people. Over the two decades I’ve been kicking it here in this world I have been beyond blessed by tons of different people who have poured themselves into me so that I might someday become a man my parents can look upon with pride. Furthermore, I’m a Christian. Feels good to type that; it actually feels really good if I am being honest. See Christianity for me is not something that I wear as a title but rather I get to live through/with as a lifestyle. Now I know not everyone holds the same belief’s as me and that is totally cool. NO JUDGEMENT EVER from this guy. In fact, this fact is the whole purpose of my blog!

So, what is you+me=we? I’ll give you a hint……………………………………………………. It’s about us. It’s all about all of us. Cause we all matter. We all have a voice, a purpose, and a direction which is evolving/changing every day. Oftentimes in our world people abide by what I call the 90/10 policy; meaning people like to talk 90% of the time while they only want to listen 10% because two-way communication is not so desirable anymore. So why is this the case? Why is it that marriages are failing? Why is it that families are breaking? Why is it that at some moments the pain of this life seems almost unbearable? What is the answer to grief? These questions are ones that I think can be found in this concept of you+me=we.

Perhaps the greatest fear; or my greatest fear is failing. This fear of failure is a sin and problem for me on a daily basis. Yet I seem to be finding more and more comfort as I grow older in this reality of community. Some of the best parts of who I am as a person come out from the people who have surrounded me, and loved me since I was a young boy. This concept of love, specifically “unconditional love” will forever be the focus of this blog and who I am as a person. Regardless of your personal beliefs or views I don’t think it’s ever a smart idea to try and put a dollar sign on the human experience. Every life has meaning, value, and purpose. This purpose is truly where the fun stuff is at for me; hence why we are going to write about it.

I say "we" in that last sentence because to be quite honest I cannot do life without every pair of eyes that sees these words. There is a beautiful story which reveals itself in 1st and 2nd Thessalonians where Paul writes these letters to the Christians in Thessalonica who were experiencing societal persecution from Jews and Gentiles. Paul’s letters serve as an astounding source of encouragement and emphasize how redemption leads to unification through Christ’s unconditional love. The best parts of who we are as people come out when we place ourselves in another person’s shoes for a moment and listen to what they need to say. Ultimately having hope today leads to joy tomorrow.

Our country, our world is in desperate need of hope, love and faith. Having these principles is beyond important. But most importantly we need to have each other. So “you+me=we” let’s do it! In closing, here is a verse that I think sums up everything expressed so far in today’s blog.

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 2nd Thessalonians 2:13

My best always,

Austin Avery
Post a Comment