Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Human Experience


You cannot put a price tag on the human experience. I’ve only been kicking it in this world for two decades but if I have learned one lesson at all, it is that human life is immeasurable. So often I complain about the little things which seem to be a big deal at the time, but simply highlight just how blessed my life’s experience has been. As a get older and less stupid what I am finding is that the best parts of me as a person come out through the people I have been surrounded with in life. I’m not perfect and neither are they, but we seem to somehow be perfect for each other. For every imperfection, God gives me two perfections in the form of people who inspire me to want to be a better man.

Thanksgiving is an opportunity to realize this truth. So often in life we miss out on forming relationships with friends, family, and others due to our negligence in seeing the true value of human life. The ability to appreciate someone for who they are and what they could become is becoming a lost art. The reality of our world today is that it is far easier to simply ignore or brush off an opportunity to show appreciation to someone due to entitlement thinking. I pray to God I never become so self-righteous in my personal pride that I end up casting aside the opportunity to show thankfulness/appreciation to people who give so much of themselves so that others may have a greater opportunity.

A perfect example of this comes from when I talk about my sibling. My sister is one of the best parts of who I am as a person. Not only is she simply amazing, but she inspires me to want to be better every day. She may be younger than me, but her soul makes you question how she can even be human. People like her simply make me wish time could sometimes stand still, so that I could catch up on myself to better show just how thankful I am for her in my life. See unconditional love doesn’t come easy; and she has it in spades. Her ability to love beyond measure is purely a beautiful example of how the human experience is truly immeasurable.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving spent with people they love and from me to you,

Happy Thanksgiving!

my best always,

AA

1 Timothy 4:4-5 – For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.
Post a Comment